Thursday, May 12, 2005

mangaka

Ahh long time no updates. Here I am... Been itchy fingered and all pumped up to write a review on my favourite mangakas. I've only done a short review on minako narita and even that killed all my breath. I need ENERGY & PERSEVERANCE! Well the problem is, once I have a project idea in mind, I feel compelled to sit through the whole thing at one go until I see it properly finished with my own eyes. And how pathetic I am with my own idea of perfection. Thus writing reviews could be a physical n mental chore which takes eons to accomplish. One look at the past reviews I've done and I'd let out a heavy sigh. yes yes i'll finish it up. Samurai Champloo, Paranoia Agent, Cowboy Bebop, what not, all left half way undone coz I ran out of energy.

Here's a list of mangakas I plan to review
First comes the yaoi/shonen-ai/horror/mystery genre artists
However to list them apart from the 'mainstream' isn't meant to be a personal bias. Their fantastic art style and shocking storylines are just as appealing if not more grabbing.

Modoru Motoni
Private Site - Rue Royale
Modoru Motoni Fanlisting
- Koi ga Bokura wo Yurusu Hani (the limits allowed by 'ai' & 'koi')
- Shiikugakari Rika (rika the breeder)
- Tantei Aoneko (detective bluecat)

Takashima Kazusa
Official Website [up. 2004.1.4]
Takashima Kazusa Fanlisting
- The Last Client

Sumomo Yumeka
Unofficial Space
Homepage - Sasshi's HP
- Chou ni naru hi (the day that becomes a butterfly)
- Dousaibou Seibutsu (same cell organims... geez my translations sux to bottom hell...)

And here comes the 'mainstream' so to speak.
Masakazu Katsura
Official Jap Website
- Video Girl Ai
- I'S
- Shadow Lady
- DNA 2 ( 2=square)

Hojo Tsukasa
Official Jap Website
- City Hunter
- Sunlight Girl (is the original title 'sora no shoujo'?????)
- Family Compo
- Rash
- Angel Heart

Minako Narita (one review started, not done)
- Cipher
- Alexandrite
- Natural

Rumiko Takahashi
- Ranma 1/2
- Inuyasha
- Maison Ikkou

Ai Yazawa
- NANA
- Paradise Kiss

And some other mangakas I like but not so feverish.
Ima Ichiko
- walking ghost at night

Hisaya Nakajo
Official Jap Website (constantly up.)
- hanazakari no kimitachi e (for you in full blossoms)

What a scary 'to-do' list, I'm shaking... I've decided to write reviews in chinese... and hopefully I'll be done with top one on the list - modoru motoni...

No comments: